Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nothing As It Was



I had half-finished working on this post last week, but was side-tracked, and now the whole world seems to have changed. Springtime in Winnipeg always happens ridiculously fast...





When I took these photos last week, there was hardly a bud on the trees, and the grass was dismally brown, but it's since greened up considerably (haven't taken any photos yet!)



I did get around to doing a photo-shoot with another little green tree however...

a few weeks back I bought a Meyer Lemon tree at Shelmerdine's Nursery, it had the most unbelievable scent to the blossoms - if I were of a more sensitive nature I would have dropped to my knees and wept - instead, I grabbed the best one I could see and took it to the cashier.



The blossoms turned brown after a little while and fell off, but look!



I have three tiny, pea-sized lemons on the tree! This is very exciting, apparently you can even eat the skin of these little darlings! and, it's ever bearing to boot! There might possibly be lemons all year-round - I'm going to try much harder to not over-water this plant.

Last post, *good lord, it was Easter*, I told you I was making Barnacle Bill, well, he's all finished now. He was mind-bogglingly fiddly, there were a few moments when I questioned the meaning of life (well, more the meaning of my own life choices) during his creation...



a cotton bean-bag - that would be Barnacle Bill's posterior (yes, you can now google the phrase "Barnacle Bill's posterior" and you should be directed to my blog - also, if you've been paying attention, "you can even eat the skin of these little darlings!" should take you here too).



Look at all those little tiny pieces!



a head and torso...

and then...done.







Squawk!



4 comments:

martiangirl said...

I like Barnacle Bill! A very interesting parrot video.
Also cool is the lemon tree.

Jane said...

FINALLY - since I have no life I check to see if you've updated your blog SEVERAL TIMES each day.
And now I have been rewarded!!!!!
Barnacle Bill is amazing!!! bird video is very ... ahhh.....interesting.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

love Bill, he is a character:) Spring has suddenly arrived her also. I love lemons, will enjoy seeing progress with yours

Unknown said...

LOVE B.Bill, and the darling parrot! You've outdone yourself Anne. Looking forward to seeing the lemons too.