Friday, October 22, 2010

Post Birthday Post



It's that time of year again. Time to get your Hallowe'en decorations up. I put all mine up the first week-end of October. No sense in not enjoying my favourite season of the year.



Draped across the mantle is a Martha Stewart bat garland I bought a few years ago at Michael's.



The first year I cut a few bats off one end and taped them to the hall mirror, in fact, I do believe I blogged about it back here.

Well! Just look at what Martha Stewart is selling this year! Clearly, she's following my blog.



I've finished basting the hair canvas to the fronts of my Lady Grey coat.



I've also finished pad stitching the lapels. It's coming along nicely, though I'm still way behind where I'm suppose to be time-wise. I'm not too concerned though, coat season is a very long season here in Winnipeg, I could take months to finish and I'd still have plenty of opportunity for wear.

I've got a :::Friday Find::: today. Two, in fact.

Nigel and Ian and I went out for lunch to Eat! Bistro today - one of my favourite local lunch spots (the must have is the Eat! Platter, available for one person or two, so fantastic....) The bistro is located at the back of Aqua Books - my favourite local vintage book store. Found today was "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall" by Gayelord Hauser, 1961 edition. Known for his nutrition books and products, this is Hauser's "Invitation to Beauty", wherein he states, "beauty is duty".



I may have to read a little more to figure out just what that's suppose to mean.

On seeing the back of the dust jacket Nigel asked if this beauty book was written by John Diefenbaker.



Really, Nigel!

The illustrations are charming. Love the exercises!



Check out this one - the "Rag Doll Slump"...



now that's my kind of exercise!

And this:



what on earth?!

My other little treasure was found last week-end at a neighbour's garage sale.



A stunning piece of Franciscan Ware pottery.



It even had it's little lid.

Flawless!



and just $2 - an excellent birthday week find!

2 comments:

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Um... Killer Franciscan Pottery, Halloween Decor, Birthday in October, AND Lady Grey?

You are sooooooo one of the cool kids.
I'm just lucky if you'd sit with me at lunch!