Monday, June 25, 2012

Ripening


The first strawberry has turned a lovely shade of red.  It's not quite ready yet, but it will be soon.  The next two days are suppose to be fairly hot and sunny, which should do the trick nicely.






I'll let you know if I manage to harvest this wee lovely before the squirrels do.

Newly discovered (for me), yesterday, is the site Map My Walk.  It lets you plan a walk or bike ride in your local area (assuming your area has been added to goggle maps), and calculates how far you will (or have) traveled.  Clever.  Using this site I was able to see that when I walk Gus, I normally only travel 0.8 miles - shameful - no wonder I'm so fat!  I increased our walk today to a shade over two miles.  Less shameful.  The site also lets you integrate a blackberry, android, or iPhone to allow you to keep track of miles logged, as well as an option to log in through facebook so you can brag to your friends about how far you walked on a given day - I've opted to just blog about it.

Prediction:  Nigel will comment saying, either, "Bah - I walk Gus farther than that!", or "I've planned a new route", because he won't stand for my walks with Gus to be further than his.

I listened to this album while I walked:


 


2 comments:

Nigel said...

My longest Gus walks are 1.6 miles. They're more typically about 1 mile. So you win! (But I listen to better music.)

Jane said...

good job for increasing your walk! I'm sure Gus will enjoy the longer walk too. as long as it's not too hot outside.
too bad about the strawberry