Thursday, February 12, 2015

Knittings of a Neon Granny






Check out those Neon Granny socks!  I doubt I'll ever lose these in the wash.  The pattern is the Vanilla Toe-Up Sock by Carle' Dehning.  I like this pattern a lot, the heel is done afterwards (that's what the row of purple yarn is in the middle of the unfinished one in the snap).  I've never finished a pair of socks so quickly - just 9 days start to finish.  I'd definitely make these again.

Also off the needles recently is this very quick to knit child's shrug:



Designed by Schneckenstrick it's called Mini Ballerina.  I knit this up in Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK in the Silver colour.  I chose the soft silver to co-ordinate with an Olivia Rose tutu I found on sale after Christmas at Chapter's.  I bought the size 1-3, so made two shrugs, one in a size 18 mos.-2 years, and one in a 3-4.



I hope this child likes big frou-frou tutus!

No comments: