Sunday, September 9, 2007

Madly Readying With An Art Brut Chaser

This week has been a bit of a rush as we prepare for Ian's upcoming school year.

New clothes:



New shoes:



Sewing in all those little labels:



Everything hemmed,pressed and ready:



Supplies, labelled and perfect:



I think it's important to pause and reflect on this moment when everything is perfect and tidy and clean. I'm taking a deep breath, are you?

I also re-covered the kitchen chairs, they won't stay perfect for long either:



When my daughter, Elly, saw me taking photos of the chairs she wanted to get artsy with a cup and saucer.





But life wasn't all work, on Friday night my husband, Nigel, and Elly and I, along with friends Bruce, Andy and Drew, went off for an evening with Art Brut. A great band from England, doing a tour of North America. The show was fantastic, the band is absolutely adorable and their music is always good fun. I didn't bring my camera that night, but here is a video called Modern Art by Art Brut for you to enjoy.

Now, what kind of fans are we? Well, (forgive the poor quality photo) check it out:



We, as a group, had tickets numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Nigel bought them, he was very proud.

No comments: